We’re Back for 2012
After all the hussle and bussle from the end of the 2011 Awards season, the team here at the Web Awards is raring to get going for 2012. The 2012 Awards season nominations will open in June and close in July 2012.
The Awards Team and Scheme have gone through a few changes. Gary Barber is no longer with us, as he has decided to move on after putting a couple of super dedicated years into the Awards. His work has helped move the Awards on as a National Award Scheme as well as provide other perspectives on judging criteria and validation. We wish him all the best for his future endeavours.
Whilst thanking people, we would also like to thank the judges from 2011 for their incredible work, support and feedback to improve the awards.
There have been some other changes to the team so here is the Awards Team for 2012:
- Helen Burgess - Chairperson
- Bret Treasure - for sponsorship, marketing & PR and is joined by Chris Stoyles
- Junior Judging Wranglers - Judd Exley and Chris Stoyles who will be learning the ropes of the judging side of the Awards from Helen Burgess
- Brendan Underwood - our website administrator, who will also be ably assisted by Judd Exley as needed
- Our friends at Partner & Prosper - Krystie and Jan, who keep us on track and make sure our events are spectacular
Now on with the 2012 Australian Web Awards Season... the award categories will be staying the same this year with some slight tweaks along with some awesomesauce surprises - we cannot let you know just yet what they will be. To find out about the surprises either subscribe to our newsletter, follow us on Twitter or Facebook or just remember to visit us from time to time.