How to Enter
A single site can be entered in up to 2 categories. Each category requires a separate entry
rocket icon for entry steps How to enter
3 simple steps to enter
eligibility icon Eligibility
In order to be eligible, sites must:
- be launched or significantly re-launched (in terms of design and/or major features) between July 1st, 2015 and August 1st, 2016)
- be primarily developed in the state of entry
- be entered by the site developer or owner
square icon Preparation
- Choose your category or categories
- Check the evaluation criteria
- Review the evaluation criteria for the category. Consider how well your site entry meets the criteria.
- Test your site entry using validation tools and include evidence of your testing in your entry. At a minimum you should test for HTML5 and accessibility. See the Recommended tools page for a selection of tools you may choose to use.
- A site may be ruled ineligible if it has more than three (3) unique HTML validation errors - Personal sites are excluded - as is a site that does not meet the WCAG level criteria for the category of entry
- Ensure that high quality screenshot images of your entry are submitted to be used by the Australian Web Awards
- You can start your entry and come back to complete it for submission and payment before Entry Period closes.
- Review the frequently asked questions
check squaree icon Are you an AWIA Member?
As a member of AWIA, you receive a discount on the price of entries as well as on the ticket price for the events. To become a member just head on over to the AWIA site and sign up today.