King Living Responsive Website
Since 1977, King Living has been at the forefront of Australian furniture design, manufacturing & retailing. King combines innovative design, materials & technology to craft products that help bring better, smarter living into our homes. Every piece of King furniture is made to order.
With 17 designer showrooms in AUS, NZ & SG, King is synonymous for its unerring delivery of award-winning style & quality across the Asia-Pacific region.
King partnered with Rysen and The Playhouse Group to bring award-winning style, quality & most importantly an enhanced customer experience to its new responsive eCommerce website.
The new responsive eCommerce website needed to help differentiate King from its competitors & establish it as an online retail leader. 3 key objectives of the project were:
1. Enhance CX
2. Provide a responsive solution across all devices & browsers
3. Increase customer engagement with the website
The project needed to:
- Allow the user to easily process the information & selling points of both the brand & the individual product features
- Display all possible product packages & configurations (10,000+)
- Provide clear navigation & search across the entire website
- Improve on the previous design & functionality to communicate that King Living is in a ‘category of one’, prestigious, elegant & desirable
The project undertook a detailed research & analysis phase that included macro-mapping of the overall furniture purchase customer journey through to the micro-mapping of the specific digital user journey.
The customer data highlighted the importance to support the path to purchase for King products (whether online or instore) with relevant & detailed content.
Prototype user testing of wireframes was performed to determine if users were able to achieve high-priority tasks. User testing revealed key insights which were implemented to further improve the overall UX.
- Smart (auto-hiding) header
- Simple and intuitive navigation
- Mobile first design with 4x break-points
- Advanced auto-predict site-wide search
- Industry-first 3D exploded view animation
- Purpose-created 3D modular videos
- Interactive 360-degree products
- Build your own King (sofa customisation)
- Personalised wishlist
- Google maps integrated store locator
- Simple two-step checkout
- Automatic guest checkout
- Order summary with product image
Magento 2.1.x Enterprise, AWS, Braintree, GA, VWO, Invision